Sunday 13 December 2009

I do love me a good cemetary



I recently read that for a blog to be interesting there must be a certain amount of pictures so I've decided to pop a few up now and again for your enjoyment. I'm sure my four loyal followers would also apprecitate a little text as well, but hey - baby steps.

This image is from the incredible Victorian era Highgate Cemetary in north London which I visited just a few weeks ago. I kid you not it began to rain on our tour and I eerily could hear the rain spattering on everyone's umbrella but there was barely a drop on my coat so I never needed to open mine. Didnt save me from the wretched damp cold but I like to think a few of my ghost peeps were looking out for me. Aside from the fabulously creepy Victorian symbolism, the highlight from the tour was the very non-Victorian dude who got poisoned by Russian spies in London a few years back. He was so racked with radiation that he's buried in a special coffin.

Check it out next time you're in town

No comments:

Post a Comment