Monday 11 January 2010

News Flash: I Talk a Big Game

It has become increasingly obvious to self that I am (at times) completely full of shit. This is most apparent in the realm of dating.

Yes, I may say i'm going to jump on the ole internet dating bandwagon (see blog post a few months back) - but have I? No, no I have not. Not even close. In fact, truth be told, I deleted my profile without accepting so much as one date.

I may say that I'm happy to go on blind dates but actually words cannot describe the utter horror that dawns as the days approach before said date.

And if I say I am not picky, alas dear 6 followers (yes, I've had a surge of interest!) it is a damn lie.

Case in point:
There has been a particularly handsome man floating around our office for about two months. He's attractive in the ruggedly handsome/hot but attainable way that he's got most of the office dribbling when he enters the room. We have talked about him, giggled over him, analysed him from every angle and even sent in our male office manager to elicit more stats from him. Turns out he's single, age appropriate (or close enough), likes petite blondes and is happy to get fixed up. Have I done absolutely everything to signal I would go on a date with this guy? Yes. Have I not talked about how hot he was over and over? Yes, yes I have. So why wouldn't I want to go on a date with him?

Well, because he's the electrician.

Not only is he the electrician, but he's the electrician from the office.

I know it's horrible to say and even worse to write down but I can't seriously go on a date with the electrician from the office. It's like that Diet Coke ad when all of the girls in the office are primping for the hot window cleaner. Primp, sure. Date? I doubt it. I could try to talk myself into it by concentrating solely on how hot he is but where would that seriously get me in terms of dating. We can't spend an entire evening talking about how hot he is... ok, well maybe we could but that wouldn't get us to a second date. Or maybe it would but definitely not a third.

Not to mention, there's the fact that this date (and potentially future dates) would unfold in a very public forum. We're talking about a 25 person audience who would be tracking the play-by-play. As if a date isn't stressful enough!

Yet another score for arranged marriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment