Tuesday 6 April 2010

Don't Stop Believin'

I'm loving the fact that in the UK the aforementioned song is not only on the charts once, but twice. Glee is only slightly more favored over the original Journey recording (which for the record is my personal preference). The message here is a good one for us singletons. Life can turn around in a minute and next thing you know - whoop! there love is!

I work with a girl who as of a year ago was in a very similar situation to my own. She's good looking, funny, smart, well-travelled, well-read, witty and well-bred - all of which I've been told I am as well (mostly by my parents, but that's not the point). She was consistantly meeting people and going on dates but nothing ever came of them. There may have been a guy here or there that was of interest but nothing stuck. Behind her back (and I'm sure this scenario plays out amongst the friends of most singletons including my own circle) people said things like 'She's too picky' or 'She's so lovely, I just don't understand why she's single' or 'Poor X! She's almost forty and still single. I'm sure she wants to find someone'.

Then comes May 14, 2009. She is set up on a blind date and now here we are less than a year later and she's in a happy, healthy relationship, engaged and three months pregnant. I LOVE IT!!!

It happens people. It happens every day. So keep at it! You may go down but all you can do is dust yourself off and get back to it.

For those of you following my personal exploits, Monsieur Crush had to cancel last minute due to a family obligation but very cutely invited me along (nein, danke) and then CALLED (impressive use of this particular function on his cell) to express his regrets and rearrange for the following week (which was last week). Since I hadnt heard from him as of yesterday, I decided I'd lob one more ball over the net and sent him a text to see if he'd like to go to an opening with me on Thursday to which he responded postively. (Dude, I seriously hope he doesnt stumble across this blog!) In my dream sequence, this would have played out differently but hey, maybe in the end reality will be sweeter.

Any way this works out, I BELIEVE. Join me, it's a good place to be. x

1 comment:

  1. My advice...never let "The Dream" play spoiler to "This One Day."

    Life, of course, is only a collection of days. If one's eye is always on the Dream...or the Destination (Prince Charming avec White Picket Fence)...you can easily lose sight of the happiness inherent in your personal journey.

    And remember...your "This One Day"...may well be..to someone else...THEIR very idea of The Dream.

    Life is quirky that way.

    ReplyDelete