Monday 12 April 2010

Spreading the Love

On the advice of my darling sister, I've decided to cast a (much) larger net when it comes to dating. I'm taking the approach that any sweet, slightly flirty conversation with a remotely attractive man could lead to something (and by something I'm covering everything from a hot date to friendship to career ops) and if not, hell it's good practice.

So I'm making yet another foray into online dating as I mentioned in my last post and this time it's with a lot more gusto! This weekend I partook in what I would deem 'slutty winking'. Basically I went through hoards of profiles and anyone who was fairly cute, interesting and basically did not seem psychotic got a little nudge from me. I'm happy to say my overzealous 'adding to favourites' brought about three emails. So instead of choosing the most promising out of these three, I've decided to spread the love and they all have received some sort of message back from me.

I've also decided the whole internet dating thing is basically a big PR exercise and as I do PR for a living I should be able to sell myself in the same sublime fashion in which I market my clients. For example, I've got to harness my bluntness a bit and when answering questions like 'what's my favourite TV show' perhaps not respond with number one (Golden Girls) and go with the more crowd pleasing, neutral number two (NCIS).

To quote a classic line from Seinfeld, 'I'm out there, George. I'm out there!'

No comments:

Post a Comment